Bed bug populations have been rising in recent years, and more people are finding themselves attacked by these pests that have long pursued us. Because bed bugs are most closely related to bat parasites, it is believed that early humans picked up bed bugs when they were dwelling in caves, and they have been with us ever since. But your family doesn’t have to live with bed bugs if you follow these simple tips compiled by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- Verify that you have bed bugs, not other biting insects like fleas or ticks.
- Remain calm. Some extreme actions like throwing out bedding might seem prudent, but it won’t get rid of bed bugs and might spread them.
- Over-the-counter pesticides are rarely effective. You can often get rid of bed bugs without pesticides, and if you do need to spray for them, professional help will be more effective.
- Get rid of clutter to reduce hiding places.
- Effectively encase your mattress and box spring.
- Wash your linens and heat-dry them frequently.
- At-home freezing or heating is not effective and may be dangerous.
- Don’t give away furniture or clothes that may transport bed bugs.
- Vacuum daily to reduce population and bites.
- Seek professional help.
Once you’ve done all you can to remove the bed bug population and you are still being bitten, it’s time to get professional help for quick and effective bed bug elimination.
Call Bed Bug Removal NJ 973-388-9126
Pest Control NJ
94 Centre St.
Nutley, NJ 07110(973) 388-9126